sábado, 1 de noviembre de 2014

My own stream of conciousness (not exactly)



I had been thinking the whole week what to write about in this new entry. I thought "If only I could write just what I think"...But that was not a possibility. Why? Well, first of all because you should think about your audience and give your readers something to say after they have read what you wrote. And in second place, because writing exactly how you feel or how you see things exposes you in such a way that you usually don't want to take that risk. You become completely transparent and that's scary. But then again I ask myself Why? Maybe because someone would not like what you say or they may think it is stupid. And you know what! It's OK. That shouldn't be a problem. There will always be people criticizing you. And today, I feel like not everything is open to a moral debate. Today, I feel connected to a different side of myself, which is not exactly neither artistic nor creative. It is what it is. I’m getting rid of all the conventions, and things I’m supposed to say or write about. I’m just opening my mind and my inner self and letting them flow.

Now, I will share with you the following experience. It all started when last week a teacher made us watch Jason Mraz video: “I’m yours”. It was awesome to discover that actually the song is not exactly about love for someone (of course, you can interpret it in this way), but instead I took it as something else.  To me at least, it’s like an advice to live life to the fullest:

So I won't hesitate no more, no more
It cannot wait I'm sure
There's no need to complicate
Our time is short
This is our fate, I'm yours



By Siri Liniers
A few nights ago I was about to go to bed but instead I went to my backyard. It was one of those warm summer nights. The sky was clear and I could contemplate the infinite quantity of stars which no longer exist but that have left their wake, their mark. As so many people do. And while crickets chirped I lay on the floor, facing that immense mass of whatever it is that we call sky. It is weird, but true. I really did that. And there I was, thinking about how beautiful the world is, about that we usually don’t really stop to think about our lives, how they’re going, if we are happy or just too comfortable to change anything, and about “I’m yours” lyrics. There´re some other lines that have stuck to my mind as well:

I guess what I been saying is there ain't no better reason
To rid yourself of vanity and just go with the seasons


So, I thought I don’t want anything (I mean material things) I’ve got everything I need and I’m grateful for that. And that’s it. I just want to tell the whole world “Hey, I’m yours...I’d love to meet you” haha.



And if you're still wondering why I wrote this...Well, I have two reasons. First, because I'm decided to travel and secondly, because I would love to write stories and novels in the future. So, I take this post as a starting point, as a first step. I need courage to make decisions and do everything I want and above all to be myself.

Thanks for taking your time!

Here's the video. Get inspired by it :)
Jason Mraz- I'm yours


P.S: Daniela I borrowed the pic you made. :) thanks!

3 comentarios:

  1. I love your post Cinthya! I know it takes courage to share your thoughts and emotions with others butr I think that every time you speak or talk to someone, a part of you is reflected in your speech. Besides, if somebody does not agree with you, it may be a great oportunity to learn from their ideas. However, if they are rude, you can just turn around and walk away, you don't need negative comments.
    I think it's great that you have decided to follow your dreams and I also feel like the song was not talking about a romantic love as much as a spiritual one. A connection with nature an other people is necessary and we don't need material objects for that. When you described how you observed stars, I remembered that every summer I love to lay in the backyard and just enjoy the beauty of the sky. You can think about the past, the future or simply be thankful for being alive and having the oportunity to enjoy such beauty. This post made me reflect and it's nice to stop and do just that: Think about what we want for the future. So, thanks Cinthya!

    ResponderBorrar
    Respuestas
    1. Thanks you very much Ailín !
      I'm glad that at least it made you think about that.
      It's nice that you also lay in the backyard haha I don't feel that weird now! =)
      Now that holidays are coming...we'll have plenty of time to do that!

      Borrar