sábado, 18 de octubre de 2014

Admirable Chanti - "Mayor y menor"

Hi everyone, here I am again doing what I have to. Due to recent events you surely know, it's really hard for me posting. I'm not talking about it because it makes me so sad. I'll try to do my best and write about something different.
For several years I have been a regular reader of Rumbos magazine, and specifically I love the cartoon called “mayor y menor” by cartoonist Santiago Gómez Lara aka Chanti. 
This cartoon portrays the life of two brothers Nacho and Tobi and their family (parents, aunts and uncles, grandparents, their turtle and dog, all of whom sometimes appear), and the situations that everyone with siblings live. Fighting, jealousy, reconciliation, love, playing together and fighting again. The cartoon is just one page long and it displays a naive and funny humour that is truly exquisite.














Having said that, I want to highlight one of the reasons I really adore this cartoon. In a society which has lost values and where everything is relative, where actions are not completely wrong or right, where our brains have been washed to believe that everything is the same. A world in which truth is not objective anymore but subjective. Where clear values are erased, when doing something like stealing is bad depending on why you’re doing it. In my opinion this world in some issues is upside down. 
Still, in this society, there are some people that are brave enough to carry the flag of values and say:         “Hey! This, is important”. People that raise awareness. And Chanti is one of those. There are so many examples on his cartoons of the values he stands for. Family, giving your time to the ones you love, gratitude for the people that made good things for this country (like San Martín), love and gratitude as well for being able to do what you love, and as I said before he raises awareness and brings us back to earth. Through his cartoons he is telling us to stop worrying about stupid things.
                                        

So, I’ll leave you here some cartoons and the facebook page so you can visit and read some others.
Do you think that in this world we need more people like him? And that it is time we stand up for the values that are getting lost? Or do you believe that everything is Ok?
                       
Facebook account: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayor-y-menor-sitio-oficial/279876322873

2 comentarios:

  1. Very interesting post, Cin!. I didn´t know about this cartoon, I´ve just read it and I loved it. I think that nowadays only superficial or just “in style” cartoons or books are those that are popular. Our world doesn´t pay attention to this kind of cartoons when actually these are more valuable than the others. I agree with you, we should stand up for the values that we are getting lost.

    ResponderBorrar
  2. I have read Mayor y menor for some years now. I love them! Chanti has a great work portraying the beauty of everyday situations with homour. Being part of a family with many members, I continuously laugh at the accuracy of his depiction. He shows the fights between brothers, the games, the questions that younger brothers make, the privileges that some of us have of being given quality time with our parents. And he does it in a way that makes you laugh and reflect at the same time.
    I agree with you that this cartoon focuses on family and values that might be a bit lost in our society. Nevertheless, its presence in a national magazine is a good sign, don't you think?

    ResponderBorrar