viernes, 26 de septiembre de 2014

Ask the genie for a wish!


Surfing the net I found a video that called my attention, and I wondered what people from around the world wish for. This man asked people from Russia, Japan, Nigeria, Iraq and Greenland if they found a genie what would their three wishes be.
 Let me say that there are as many wishes as there are people.

http://aplus.com/a/the-genie-question-world

  Money, cars, houses, travelling around the world, speaking as many languages as possible, happiness, no religions, having the possibility to study, knowledge, wisdom, food for everyone, health, and the list could be pretty long. I think that we all have wishes, some of them sound a little bit self-centred because it seems like we only care about our own lives and the benefits we can get, but some others like world peace that includes to stop hating each other and that every single person in the world has something to eat everyday, are more related to helping others. I don't know, it's just how I see it. 

  As regards money, people place a lot of importance on it. And even though it seems materialistic, let's be honest and raise your hand the ones who wouldn't want to have more money to accomplish whatever your other wishes or dreams are. I wouldn't mind having some money to travel around the world, I mean I just can't be stuck here my whole life when there are so many places waiting to be visited.

   But, on the other hand, I totally agree with the people that wish happiness for everyone, a world in peace without hatred and without fighting each other. That would make all the difference, but it seems that violence is in our nature.

  Of course, I believe that we could never ever achieve world peace, it's an utopia. But, wouldn't you wish for it anyway? 

Ask the genie for your three wishes!

1 comentario:

  1. So interesting!!! I loved it :) I believe the teaching is that, beyond the age, cultural, religious and social differences, we all share more less the same wishes.
    As regards money, it does allow you to have a more comfortable lifestyle, but it won't make you happy by itself! As a widely known poem expresses:

    Money can buy a house, but not a home.
    Money can buy a watch, but not the time.
    Money can buy a bed, but not the sleep.
    Money can buy a book, but not the knowledge.
    Money can pay a doctor, but not the health.
    Money can buy a position, but not the respect.
    Money can buy sex, but not love.

    And with reference to world peace, I don't agree that is impossible. Why don't you dare dream of it like John Lennon? We can overcome differences if we're united by love, and each of us can start healing the world little by little, from our own lives. Don't you think so?

    ResponderBorrar